Mittwoch, 1. August 2012

People who helped me ...

are everywhere in Vietnam. Today is a good example for that.
After a great breakfast at the Hotel (Vietnamese Soup, a rice dish and after that some fruits) I took a taxi to the office of the search Team and Mr. Vien.
The office is located in an unobstrusive Building in district 4.
The office building

I met Chau Thrinh, my interpreter, outside the building and we went up to the 5th floor. I was a bit nervous about the situation, I must admit. What could they tell me more in detail about their results?

Mr. Vien is a young man, he is with the search group for only six month, normally they do searches for soldiers from the Vietnam War and try to find out where they died and inform their families.
Mr. Vien in his office
I was so happy to have Chau Thrinh with me - the English of Mr. Vien is not the best, I couldn't understand a word. But Chau Thrinh speaks perfect German. No wonder: She studied German in Berlin and runs now a School to teach German language in Saigon.
We discussed a lot of facts and assumptions during the meeting. Vien gave me the exact adress of the farm in Nha Tran area. They believe it is the highest chance to find my sister in that area.
I am a bit disillusioned about that man who claims to remember my father from the farm. He is only in his fifties, so he was a child when my father lived there. Either he is lying or he can't remeber many things. But I will see when I go there in a few days.

After the meeting with the search team, I went with Chau Thrinh to see her school. There I met Tom, he gave me the advice to contact Chau Trin as an interpreter. We went out for lunch and they showed me a wonderful place you can't find in any tour guide. A Café or little restaurant, hidden in the backyard of a house, quiet, no noise from the streets. You feel like beeing in a wonderful garden. The food was wonderful too and we had two wonderful hours together.

Ein alter Brunnen im Eingangsbereich

Ein verträumter Buddha im Garten

Auf Steinwegen über den Fischteich geht es zu den Tischen

Auf der Terasse mit Chau Trinh und Tom
Chau Trinh and Tom

Unser wundervolles Essen

When going back to the Hotel I took a normal line bus back to the town center (cheap and easy).
Now it is raining outside, I am happy to sit inside and write my blog at the moment. Later I will go downtown again, this time to videotape some impressions from Saigon.

Thank you so much for helping me Mr. Vien, Chau Trinh and Tom. I wouldn't be that far without you!

Tomorrow I will leave Saigon and take the bus to Can Tho. There I will meet Julia Le and she will support me during my visit there. I will go to Rach Goi (The little hamlet where my father quoted to live there),I hope to see the Bishop of Can Tho and I will visit the orphanage Thien An of Sister Mary who helped me also.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen